September 5, 2017 | Rugby (W) - Football
Thompson, Stevens – Subway Athletes of the Week
Jenna Thompson of the women’s rugby team and Andrew Stevens of the football team have been named the Subway-Concordia Stingers athletes of the week for the period ending Sept. 4.
Thompson, a fourth-year No. 8, was exceptional in Concordia’s 85-0 victory over the McGill Martlets at Molson Stadium in the RSEQ opener on Monday night. She scored four tries to pace the Stingers and was named the game MVP. She also scored two tries in Concordia’s 59-15 preseason win over the Western Mustangs last Friday.
A 22-year-old native of Ste. Anne de Bellevue, Que., Thompson is a Civil Engineering student at Concordia.
Stevens, a second-year kicker, connected on a 23-yard field goal on the last play of the game to give the Concordia Stingers a 23-22 victory over the Vert & Or in Sherbrooke on Thursday night. He had a perfect night, going five for five on field goal attempts. He was good from 14, 23, 24, 35 and 44 yards on the night. With a kickoff single to open the game and a convert, Andrews accounted for 17 of Concordia’s 23 points.
The 19-year-old student from Port Stanley, Ont. is studying Religion at Concordia.
- Nov. 14, 2017 Task, Montminy – Subway Athletes of the Week
- Nov. 6, 2017 Rajotte, Beauregard– Subway Athletes of the Week
- Oct. 31, 2017 Thompson, Campbell – Subway Athletes of the Week
- Oct. 24, 2017 Moss, Beauregard – Subway Athletes of the Week
- Oct. 16, 2017 Vance, Rajotte– Subway Athletes of the Week
- Oct. 11, 2017 Moss, Debove – Subway Athletes of the Week
- Oct. 3, 2017 Humes, Gouabe – Subway Athletes of the Week
- Sept. 26, 2017 Sedki, Vinette – Athletes of the Week
- Sept. 19, 2017 Royer, Miller – Athletes of the Week
- Sept. 11, 2017 Sedki, Wittmann – Subway Athletes of the Week