September 19, 2017 | Rugby (W) - Football
Royer, Miller – Athletes of the Week
Laetitia Royer of the women’s rugby team and Trenton Miller of the football team have been named the Subway-Concordia Stingers athletes of the week for the period ending Sept. 17.
Royer, a second-year lock, was outstanding in Concordia’s 91-7 victory over the Carleton Ravens in the Stingers’ home opener on Sunday. She scored three tries to lead the way. She was named the game MVP.
A 26-year-old native of Lorretville, Que., Royer is an Exercise Science student at Concordia.
Miller, a senior quarterback, threw a school record six touchdown passes to lead the Stingers to a 68-16 victory over the McGill Redmen before a boisterous Homecoming crowd on Saturday. In only three quarters of play, Miller completed 23 of 31 passes for 472 yards.
With the six touchdowns, Miller broke a school record set in 1998 when quarterback Sean Hoas threw five TDs in a game versus the Laval Rouge et Or.
Miller was named the RSEQ Offensive Player of the Week.
The 23-year-old athlete from Buffalo, N.Y. is a MBA student.
- Jan. 9, 2018 Lalancette, Turcotte – Subway Athletes of the Week
- Dec. 4, 2017 Anthony Beauregard – Subway Athlete of the Week
- Nov. 28, 2017 Barker, Turcotte – Subway Athletes of the Week
- Nov. 21, 2017 Dufour, De Marinis – Subway Athletes of the Week
- Nov. 14, 2017 Task, Montminy – Subway Athletes of the Week
- Nov. 6, 2017 Rajotte, Beauregard– Subway Athletes of the Week
- Oct. 31, 2017 Thompson, Campbell – Subway Athletes of the Week
- Oct. 24, 2017 Moss, Beauregard – Subway Athletes of the Week
- Oct. 16, 2017 Vance, Rajotte– Subway Athletes of the Week
- Oct. 11, 2017 Moss, Debove – Subway Athletes of the Week
- Oct. 3, 2017 Humes, Gouabe – Subway Athletes of the Week
- Sept. 26, 2017 Sedki, Vinette – Athletes of the Week
- Sept. 11, 2017 Sedki, Wittmann – Subway Athletes of the Week
- Sept. 5, 2017 Thompson, Stevens – Subway Athletes of the Week