September 26, 2017 | Soccer (W) - Rugby (M)
Sedki, Vinette – Athletes of the Week
Chama Sedki of the women’s soccer team and Jean-Christophe Vinette of the men’s rugby team have been named the Subway-Concordia Stingers athletes of the week for the period ending Sept. 24.
Sedki, a second-year mid-fielder, had an exceptional weekend. She scored a goal to help the Stingers tie the UQTR Patriotes 2-2 last Friday. She also scored the lone goal in a 1-0 victory over the McGill Martlets on Sunday. She was named the Stingers’ MVP in both games.
A 22-year-old native of Longueuil, Que., Sedki is a Computer Engineering student at Concordia.
Vinette, a first-year winger, was a standout in Concordia’s 44-28 win over the Sherbrooke Vert & Or on Sunday. He made a ton of tackles and had a key try to seal the victory. The win gives the rugby team a perfect 3-0 win-loss record in conference play this season.
The 19-year-old student from Montreal is studying Economics at Concordia.
- Nov. 14, 2017 Task, Montminy – Subway Athletes of the Week
- Nov. 6, 2017 Rajotte, Beauregard– Subway Athletes of the Week
- Oct. 31, 2017 Thompson, Campbell – Subway Athletes of the Week
- Oct. 24, 2017 Moss, Beauregard – Subway Athletes of the Week
- Oct. 16, 2017 Vance, Rajotte– Subway Athletes of the Week
- Oct. 11, 2017 Moss, Debove – Subway Athletes of the Week
- Oct. 3, 2017 Humes, Gouabe – Subway Athletes of the Week
- Sept. 19, 2017 Royer, Miller – Athletes of the Week
- Sept. 11, 2017 Sedki, Wittmann – Subway Athletes of the Week
- Sept. 5, 2017 Thompson, Stevens – Subway Athletes of the Week