October 11, 2017 | Basketball (W) - Rugby (M)
Moss, Debove – Subway Athletes of the Week
Ashley Moss of the women’s basketball team and Charles Debove of the men’s rugby team have been named the Subway-Concordia Stingers athletes of the week for the period ending Oct. 8.
Moss, a forward now in her second season with the Stingers, had an exceptional weekend. She helped her team post a perfect 3-0 record and win the championship at the 2nd annual Concordia Classic Tournament. She posted double-doubles in two of the three games, including the final versus the Toronto Varsity Blues when she scored 10 points and hauled in 15 rebounds.
A 26-year-old native of Nassau, Bahamas, Moss is working on a Certificate in Business.
Debove , a third-year centre, was a standout in Concordia’s 32-8 win over Montreal Carabins last Friday. He’s scored one try and was a dominating force in the game. His efforts helped the Stingers improve their record to 5-0 this season.
The 23-year-old student from Nice, France is studying Psychology at Concordia.
- Nov. 14, 2017 Task, Montminy – Subway Athletes of the Week
- Nov. 6, 2017 Rajotte, Beauregard– Subway Athletes of the Week
- Oct. 31, 2017 Thompson, Campbell – Subway Athletes of the Week
- Oct. 24, 2017 Moss, Beauregard – Subway Athletes of the Week
- Oct. 16, 2017 Vance, Rajotte– Subway Athletes of the Week
- Oct. 3, 2017 Humes, Gouabe – Subway Athletes of the Week
- Sept. 26, 2017 Sedki, Vinette – Athletes of the Week
- Sept. 19, 2017 Royer, Miller – Athletes of the Week
- Sept. 11, 2017 Sedki, Wittmann – Subway Athletes of the Week
- Sept. 5, 2017 Thompson, Stevens – Subway Athletes of the Week