October 31, 2017 | Hockey (W) - Soccer (M)
Thompson, Campbell – Subway Athletes of the Week
Devon Thompson of the women’s hockey team and Peter Campbell of the men’s soccer team have been named the Subway-Concordia Stingers athletes of the week for the period ending Oct. 29.
Thompson, a fourth-year forward with the Stingers, had an exceptional weekend. She scored both Concordia’s goals in a 2-1 overtime victory over the Montréal Carabins on Sunday. She also played a key role in last Friday’s 3-2 win over the Carleton Ravens. The wins put the Stingers in first place in the RSEQ standings.
A 23-year-old native of Châteauguay, Que., Thompson is studying Psychology at Concordia.
Campbell, a forward in his second year with the Stingers, scored the winning goal in a 2-1 victory over the UQTR Patriotes on Sunday. He also had three shots and a strong performance in a tough 3-1 loss to the McGill Redmen last Friday.
The 21-year-old student from Guelph, Ont., is working on a Fine Arts degree.
- Nov. 14, 2017 Task, Montminy – Subway Athletes of the Week
- Nov. 6, 2017 Rajotte, Beauregard– Subway Athletes of the Week
- Oct. 24, 2017 Moss, Beauregard – Subway Athletes of the Week
- Oct. 16, 2017 Vance, Rajotte– Subway Athletes of the Week
- Oct. 11, 2017 Moss, Debove – Subway Athletes of the Week
- Oct. 3, 2017 Humes, Gouabe – Subway Athletes of the Week
- Sept. 26, 2017 Sedki, Vinette – Athletes of the Week
- Sept. 19, 2017 Royer, Miller – Athletes of the Week
- Sept. 11, 2017 Sedki, Wittmann – Subway Athletes of the Week
- Sept. 5, 2017 Thompson, Stevens – Subway Athletes of the Week