November 6, 2017 | Rugby (W) - Hockey (M)
Rajotte, Beauregard– Subway Athletes of the Week
Frédérique Rajotte of the women’s rugby team and Anthony Beauregard of the men’s hockey team have been named the Subway-Concordia Stingers athletes of the week for the period ending Nov. 5.
Rajotte, a fifth-year centre with the Stingers, was named a first team all-Canadian and the outstanding player in U SPORTS women’s rugby last week. It was the third time she earned all-Canadian honours in her career. It was the first time a Concordia athlete was recognized as the top women’s rugby player in the country.
A 23-year-old native of Markham, Ont., Rajotte is studying Communications at Concordia.
Beauregard, a forward in his second year with the Stingers, collected nine points in two games last week. In a 6-2 victory over the UOIT Ridgebacks on Friday, he was involved in every goal. He scored two goals and added four assists. The following night he had a goal and two assists to help the Stingers defeat the RMC Paladins 5-3. He is the leading scorer in the OUA with eight goals and 12 assists for 20 points in eight games.
The 21-year-old student from St. Damase, Que., is working on a Certificate in Arts and Science.
- Nov. 14, 2017 Task, Montminy – Subway Athletes of the Week
- Oct. 31, 2017 Thompson, Campbell – Subway Athletes of the Week
- Oct. 24, 2017 Moss, Beauregard – Subway Athletes of the Week
- Oct. 16, 2017 Vance, Rajotte– Subway Athletes of the Week
- Oct. 11, 2017 Moss, Debove – Subway Athletes of the Week
- Oct. 3, 2017 Humes, Gouabe – Subway Athletes of the Week
- Sept. 26, 2017 Sedki, Vinette – Athletes of the Week
- Sept. 19, 2017 Royer, Miller – Athletes of the Week
- Sept. 11, 2017 Sedki, Wittmann – Subway Athletes of the Week
- Sept. 5, 2017 Thompson, Stevens – Subway Athletes of the Week