November 14, 2017 | Basketball (W) - Rugby (M)
Task, Montminy – Subway Athletes of the Week
Caroline Task of the women’s basketball team and Sam Montminy of the men’s rugby team have been named the Subway-Concordia Stingers athletes of the week for the period ending Nov. 12.
Task, a second-year guard with the Stingers, scored 50 points in two games last week. In the season-opener last Thursday, she had 26 points and four assists to help Concordia defeat the Bishop’s Gaiters 82-59. On Sunday she was good for another 24 points in a 55-49 win over the No. 5-ranked Laval Rouge et Or.
A 21-year-old native of Dorval, Que., Task is studying Human Resources at Concordia.
Montminy, a rookie outside centre with the Stingers, scored two tries to help Concordia beat the École de technologie supérieure (ETS) Piranhas 35-7 in the RSEQ men’s rugby championship on Sunday. The win gave the Stingers a perfect 9-0 win-loss record and a berth at the Canadian University Men’s Rugby Championship.
The 20-year-old student from Ile Perrot, Que., is studying Psychology at Concordia.
- Jan. 9, 2018 Lalancette, Turcotte – Subway Athletes of the Week
- Dec. 4, 2017 Anthony Beauregard – Subway Athlete of the Week
- Nov. 28, 2017 Barker, Turcotte – Subway Athletes of the Week
- Nov. 21, 2017 Dufour, De Marinis – Subway Athletes of the Week
- Nov. 6, 2017 Rajotte, Beauregard– Subway Athletes of the Week
- Oct. 31, 2017 Thompson, Campbell – Subway Athletes of the Week
- Oct. 24, 2017 Moss, Beauregard – Subway Athletes of the Week
- Oct. 16, 2017 Vance, Rajotte– Subway Athletes of the Week
- Oct. 11, 2017 Moss, Debove – Subway Athletes of the Week
- Oct. 3, 2017 Humes, Gouabe – Subway Athletes of the Week
- Sept. 26, 2017 Sedki, Vinette – Athletes of the Week
- Sept. 19, 2017 Royer, Miller – Athletes of the Week
- Sept. 11, 2017 Sedki, Wittmann – Subway Athletes of the Week
- Sept. 5, 2017 Thompson, Stevens – Subway Athletes of the Week