November 13, 2018 | Basketball (W) - Rugby (M)
Myriam Leclerc, Zachary Pelletier - Athletes of the Week
Myriam Leclerc of the women's basketball team and Zachary Pelletier of the men's rugby team have been named the Subway-Concordia Stingers athletes of the week for the period ending Nov. 11.
Leclerc, a rookie guard, stood out in her team’s tough 66-61 loss to the No. 1-ranked Laval Rouge et Or in the RSEQ season-opener last Thursday. She had 17 points, eight rebounds and six steals in the game.
A 20-year-old native of St. Roch de Richelieu, Que., Leclerc is an Accounting student at Concordia.
Pelletier, a third-year back row player, was a key contributor in Concordia’s 22-20 victory over the Bishop’s Gaiters in the RSEQ championship last Saturday. He was singled out by his coaches for his inspirational play, intensity and his tackling.
The 22-year-old student from Pointe Claire, Que. is working towards a degree in International Business at Concordia.
- Nov. 6, 2018 Audrey Belzile, Moritz Wittmann - Athletes of the Week
- Oct. 30, 2018 Jade Dufour, Samuel Garland - Athletes of the Week
- Oct. 23, 2018 Nelly Owusu, Glody Musangu - Athletes of the Week
- Oct. 16, 2018 Kate Evoy, Olivier Simon - Athletes of the Week
- Oct. 9, 2018 Myriam Leclerc, Adrian Armstrong - Athletes of the Week
- Oct. 2, 2018 Caroline Task, Jackson Marquardt - Athletes of the Week
- Sept. 25, 2018 Humes, Laplaine-Pereira - Athletes of the Week
- Sept. 18, 2018 Madeleine McKenzie, Mike Sanelli - Athletes of the Week
- Sept. 11, 2018 Jasmine Baxter, Jarryd Taylor - Athletes of the Week