The Concordia Department of Recreation and Athletics is accepting applications for the position of head coach of the Stingers women’s soccer program. The deadline to apply is Friday, July 6, 2018.
The head coach is responsible for the successful operation and progression of Concordia University women’s soccer varsity program. Responsibilities are consistent with managing a highly competitive interuniversity sport program including mentoring, motivating and developing academic and athletic potential of student-athletes.
The head coach co-ordinates all talent identification, scouting, networking and subsequent recruitment and retention of quality student-athletes. Duties include team selection and personnel management.
The successful candidate will be accountable for all technical and tactical aspects of the team, including individual goal setting, creation and implementation of skills development and physical training plans, mental and game preparation as well as athlete and program evaluations.
The head coach will assist in the scheduling of preseason competitions and travel plans, contribute to the development of budgets and ensure compliance to all Concordia and RSEQ/U SPORTS policies and regulations.
The successful candidate will represent Concordia at various coaching and sport meetings. The head coach also plays a key leadership role in the development and execution of community outreach programs including, but not limited to school visits, sports camps and clinics.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree.
• Minimum of three years of experience in coaching and administering elite level student-athletes in a soccer setting.
• Consideration will be given to candidates who have completed coaching certification at the highest levels.
• Bilingualism is an asset.
• Exceptional interpersonal, teamwork, organizational, leadership, coaching and technical skills.
• Strong recruiting abilities and an established network in Quebec.
• Video editing experience and computer literacy skills.
• Availability and willingness to work flexible hours including evening and weekends.
Applications should be sent to: email@example.com
The deadline to apply is July 6, 2018.