Power Skating Program - Fall 2023
OVERVIEW: The aim of the program is to provide high-energy power skating lessons to hockey and ringette players. The program will focus on the fundamentals of balance, control and agility as well as components of power and speed.
IMPORTANT – Participant qualifications
Participants must have previous skating experience, preferably multiple years playing hockey or ringette. The department reserves the right to remove anyone who is deemed, by the instructors, to not be a strong enough skater for the program.
AGES: 10 to 16 years old
DAYS & TIMES: Thursdays from 6 to 7 p.m.
LENGTH: 10 lessons
START DATE: Thursday, Sept. 7, 2023
END DATE: Thursday, Nov. 16, 2023
There will be no sessions on Sept. 21 and Oct. 12.
Ed Meagher Arena
7200 Sherbrooke St. W., N.D.G.
COST: $200 plus taxes.
REGISTRATION OPENS: Tuesday, Aug. 22, 2023
514-848-2424, ext. 5979
- Skates (if buying new skates ensure that they have been sharpened prior to the first lesson)
- Hockey helmet with a full cage
- Neck guard
- Hockey gloves and stick
- Shin pads
- Hockey pants
- Shoulder pads
- Elbow pads
- Hockey socks
- All cancellation and refund requests must be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Partial refunds, less a $50 administration fee plus the cost of any lessons that have passed, will be granted within the first seven (7) days of the start of the program.
- The deadline to request refunds will be Thursday, Oct. 5, 2023. No refunds will be issued after this date.