The Concordia Stingers have been ranked No. 3 by the U Sports Women's Hockey Championship committee ahead of the eight-team tournament which runs from Thursday to Sunday at Université de Montréal.
The RSEQ champion Stingers will meet the No. 6-seeded Nipissing Lakers in a quarter-final matchup on Friday at 7 p.m. The Lakers finished second in the OUA East conference and lost the conference championship game 2-1 to the Toronto Varsity Blues on Saturday night.
The game will be a rematch of the 2022 championship final that saw Concordia defeat Nipissing 4-0 to win the gold medal.
1. Toronto – OUA champion – 23-2-2 - 1st OUA East
2. UBC – Canada West champion - 24-2-2 – 1st Canada West
3. Concordia – RSEQ champion – 20-4-1 – 1st RSEQ
4. UNB – AUS champion – 23-2-3 – 1st AUS
5. Montréal – Host/RSEQ finalist – 17-4-4 – 2nd RSEQ
6. Nipissing – Ontario finalist – 19-7 – 2nd OUA East
7. St. Francis Xavier – AUS finalist – 20-5-3 – 2nd AUS
8. Mount Royal – Canada West finalist – 19-6-3 – 3rd Canada West
Quarter-finals take place Thursday and Friday. The semifinals are scheduled for Saturday. Medal games will go on Sunday with the bronze medal game slated for 3 p.m. and the gold medal game set for 7 p.m.
Eight games from the competition will be webcast live on CBC Sports digital platforms (English) and USPORTS.ca (French), up to and including Sunday’s gold medal game. The gold-medal game will also be televised in French on TVA Sport.