Your Gift Matters - Support the Concordia Stingers
Your contributions will help set up the Department of Recreation and Athletics for long-term success and will be instrumental in delivering an exceptional experience to our Concordia Stingers student-athletes.
From providing additional financial aid to acquiring the latest in high-tech equipment, your donations support a variety of initiatives that will further strengthen our programs and enable us to compete at the highest levels.
Your gift in action
Gifts from alumni, friends and family are deeply appreciated and have already been impactful. We look forward to sharing more highlights of your contributions in action soon.
Matching and Challenge Gifts
Several of our supporters have come forward with unique ways to encouraging giving. Below is a list matching and challenge gifts that will helps our Stingers programs get extra donations.
- Former Loyola College star George Lengvari has offered to match gifts up to $10,000.
- An anonymous donor has offered to match gifts up to $3,000.
- An anonymous donor has offered to match gifts up to $9,800.
- A group of former Sir George Williams University football players has offered to match up to $7,500 of gifts made by their former gridiron teammates.
- At the 2020 Giving Tuesday event, the women’s hockey team received gifts from 86 different donors. This year an anonymous supporter has offered to give $5,000 if the team reaches 100 donors.
- One of the cross-country team’s most decorated student-athletes is Ryan Hodge (BA 13) and this former captain has challenged 10 alumni or friends of the team to make a minimum donation of $150. If the goal is reached, he will contribute $1,500.
- Stingers cross-country coach John Lofranco is challenging 10 alumni or friends to make a minimum donation of $200. If the goal is reached, he will contribute $2000.